- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dried golden (Calimyrna) or black (Mission) figs (about 15), stemmed and diced
Linda Romanelli Leahy Prep Time
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 10×15-inch jelly roll baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
Combine oats, almonds, coconut and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Mix syrup, oil and vanilla in a 1-cup measure; pour over oat mixture and stir well.
Spread mixture into a thin layer on prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off oven and leave tray another 10 minutes before removing. Place on rack and cool completely.
Stir in figs; store in an airtight container.
Makes 6 cups